Thu, Oct 31|
Location is TBD
SLC - Kanban Methodologist Certification
The Kanban Method applies wherever knowledge work takes place and at all levels of the organization. Not limited just to technical practices, it focuses on improving work flow and its economics.
Time & Location
Oct 31, 2019, 9:00 AM – Nov 01, 2019, 4:00 PM
Location is TBD
About The Event
The Kanban method is an agnostic approach designed to improve the flow of knowledge work. It is part non-disruptive and part disruptive. Non-disruption occurs at the beginning of its adoption, given that it requires no discarding of established practices (no upfront disruption of huge investments). Kanban takes the current state as starting point, making it a better economic proposition compared to replacement-required approaches, and makes effective improvement possible. The disruptive part occurs when you and other decision makers come to the conclusion of making some strong changes to the practices, tools, organization, or other components as part of the improvement path. Disruption also occurs from the cultural standpoint, given the maturity in mindset that comes with applying Kanban together with lean mindset.
Am I Eligible?
This certification is for those interested on applying the Kanban Method at their organizations effectively. There is no prerequisite to take this course. Team members of any kind, team leaders, and managers will benefit from this training.
Duration: Two days
- Behaviors in the organization
- Systems thinking
- The relationship between essential components
- Lean Thinking
- Economic flow improvement
- Practical TOC concept understanding
- Agile thinking
- Frequent, incremental value delivery
- The Cynefin model
- From kanban to the Kanban Method
- Extrapolating Kanban
- Four models to balance flow
- Value Stream Mapping
- The six practices of the Kanban method
- Visualize work
- Limit WIP
- Manage flow
- Make process explicit
- Implement feedback loops
- Improve collaboratively and evolve experimentally
- The Four Kanban principles
- Start with what you do now
- Agree to pursue evolutionary change
- Initially respect roles, responsibilities and job titles
- Encourage acts of leadership at all levels
- Papyrus City to put it all into practice with an economic and quality perspective
Includes lunch each day (please contact ValueInnova at email@example.com with any dietary restrictions or requests). Course materials included.